I used to do one of those full body eye-rolls whenever I heard that someone in their late twenties or early thirties would say that they are having a mid or quarterlife crisis. Not knowing that this was something that seemed to be a very real thing in the world. This is something I have been contemplating for the last couple of months. How can you lose yourself between the age of eighteen and twenty-seven if you have yet to discover who you truly are?
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
I did quite extensive research on the journey of self-discovery. What I found was a couple of journaling posts that provided prompts and I chose the 30 of these prompts to be my self-meditated guides for the next month.
The journey to self-discovery
1) Write down 9 goals to complete by the end of this year (2020)
2) What does your ideal day look like?
3) What does your dream life look like?
4) What is happiness to you?
5) What limited beliefs are holding you back from living your dream life?
6) Where do you see yourself in 6 months? A year? 5 Years? 10 Years?
7) How have you changed in the last 5 years?
8) How do you spend your Sundays?
9) What are 10 things you love about yourself and why?
10) If you could have any three things in the world what would they be?
11) If you could give advice to your younger self, what would you say?
12) What is your dream job?
13) Name 5 things you do well.
14) Name 5 things you love about yourself and why?
15) What do you need more of in your life?
16) Write out your top 5 goals to complete by a year from now.
17) What are 5 things you couldn’t live without and why?
18) What distractions are limiting your productivity?
19) If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
20) What are five things you are grateful for in this moment of your life?
21) What actions can you take today to simplify your life?
22) Describe your perfect weekend in detail.
23) Who is your biggest inspiration?
24) What does the word selfcare mean to you? How could you practice it more?
25) If you were to rate your mental health score at this moment, what would it be? What could you do to improve your mental health?
26) What are your top 5 achievements in life?
27) What are your top 10 priorities in life? With 1 being the most important.
28) What are you most thankful for and why?
29) Describe in detail what you envision your life to look like in 5 years’ time?
30) Where is your heart leaning towards? In life? In love? In hopes?
For the next 30 days I will be posting my honest answers to each and every one of those prompts. I did mention this journey in the very first blog post (New Beginnings) posted to this blog. I hope that you will join me. There are too many unhappy people in this world, people who do not pursue what they are passionate about and too little people living in their purpose. Grab your notebook and grab a pen and let’s discover who we are together.
Have you done something similar to this journey? How did this journey change the way you looked at your life? Will you be joining along this time around? Did the journey have a positive or a negative impact on the way you looked at life?